Amoco motor Oil Indiana
It later absorbed the American Oil Company, founded in Baltimore in 1910 and incorporated in 1922 by Louis Blaustein and his son Jacob. Amoco merged with British Petroleum in December 1998, forming BP Amoco. Shortly after the merger, Amoco stations began a rebranding that saw the stations change their names to the BP marque while continuing to sell Amoco-branded fuel. Eventually all traces of the Amoco brand name were eliminated and the stations adopted the BP branding permanently, although Amoco's grade naming system is still in use.
The firm's innovations included two essential parts of the modern industry, the gasoline tanker truck and the drive-through filling station. Its headquarters were located in the Amoco Building (now the Aon Center) in Chicago, Illinois.
In October 2017, BP revealed that it will be reintroducing the Amoco name to select US markets. As of August 2018, there are currently 37 new Amoco locations in the states of New York, New Jersey, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Illinois, with more locations opening soon in more state